12 February 2016

The making of "The Goat" mask [10]

Now that I had the face and the chin in an advanced I decided to jump to the next part, the horns.

In order to begin making the horns I had to decide how I wanted them. By this I mean, if I wanted the horns to roll inside or out. As it is shown on the pictures underneath.


               Horns outwards                             |                Horns Inwards

The next step was for me to chose the form of the horns, at this point I knew I wanted them to have a rough look, and a kind of rings that are thicker or higher than the rest of it. Like goats have.
So after looking at many different pictures of goats and horns, I saw something that could be good and helpful to this part of the project. It was that many goat horns aren't round by themselves, but triangular shaped. It meant that I could make 3 different sheets of plastic and than heat them together.

So with all this information I decided to make it triangular because it seemed to be the easiest way, and also making it easier to make both of the horns close to the same shape and form.

No comments:

Post a Comment