26 February 2016

The making of "The Goat" mask [12]

The horns were proving to be a big problem that I needed to overcome. So I kept drawing new different ways to do them, and trying to do them. Than I had the idea of using a different material.
I thought of using some kind of metal, but didn't had the means to make it, and also I didn't want to make the mask unbearably heavy.

I later got the idea of making the horns out of thick wire, that I found in a store, I could shape it in the forms I wanted and than soldering it together. I already had a soldering rod. So I started working on it.



Here was where I found another problem, my soldering rod didn't seem to be hot enough to be able to solder them together. So I thought to by a new one, one that could get hotter. So I bought one, but still I was faced with the same problem.



I tried many ways to do this, but with no prevail... At this point I was stuck, and in my eyes with no way to get out of this point. The only way would have to be for me to bye a big equipment in order to be able to do arc welding.

No comments:

Post a Comment