08 January 2016

The making of "The Goat" mask [5]

With a recipient full of boiling water I started to bend both of the parts I previously made. In this part I had to change the water to heat it again. In order to make it easier I used two similar recipients, this way I could change the pieces living them always in hot water, and then heat he water from the other one.


In the picture above you can see the recipient with the hot water and both pieces of the jaw inside. The spoon is so I could touch and move both pieces without burning myself. You can also see the piece in the left is see trough in the upper part. That is how the material looks like when it's possible to mold.

In this part I had to be careful because if I let the piece till like this for too long it would start to stick to the recipient.

After working on this a while I finally had the form that I wanted. And so, like you can see in the picture above, I dipped the points in the hot water to the point they became to the point of fusion and than I fused them together.







You can see in the pictures above that the union wasn't perfectly centered, but that wasn't a problem because I could make the line vanish by heating it and molding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment