17 January 2016

The making of "The Goat" mask [6]

Now the next step was to make the upper face for the mask. So, fist I thought on making a mold of my head, but soon threw that idea way, since I had no idea how I would make one with what I had. Than I thought on making a face with aluminium foil and make it over, but soon I came to the conclusion that it was more difficult than I thought.

With playing around with the Polymorph I found that I could pass it through cold water and the outside part of the plastic would become just a little but harder, making it still possible to mold, but not being as hot as it once was, or sticky.

So, first I started to make a flat sheet with that plastic, and still heating it up in a recipient with boiling water. When I managed to get a size I thought would be enough I proceeded by bringing it to my bathroom.


It's hard to see, but there is a plastic sheet in there.

I laid myself in the shower with cold water running, than I took the sheet of plastic, passed it once through cold water and pressed it to my face. Pressing it to become the shape of my face. With cold water it made it hard extremely fast, and I only had to lay there for about 5 to 10 min.

Now I had the shape of my face, and the upper part of face of the mask.

The face mask right after it was made, illuminated from under it
The face mask seen from the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment