24 January 2016

The making of "The Goat" mask [7]



At this point I needed to make holes so I could see and breathe with my nose.
At first I tried to cut it with a knife or a box cutter, but it was no use. It barely made a scratch. So With a heating gun I decided to heat a certain part of the mask and there i could cut it much easier. Ant it worked, but it still wasn’t easy, but I could at least make it like this.

It was very sloppy and it had very sharp ends.

At this point I found small wood carving tools, very sharp and small, great for what I needed.




Now the say I did it was basically the same as before, but in order to make it better, after I made the bigger hole, I would only heat a little of the edges in order to make them a little softer, and I worked the material like that. And afterwards I would heat them again and rub the edges less sharp.




After this it was a working on the holes to make it fit my face better.

No comments:

Post a Comment